Energy Savings with Three-way Valves
Three-way valves are not constant flow devices. When three-way valves are manually balanced, there can be a substantial overflow. With AutoFlow regulators there are no overflows, and no overflow means energy saved. The diagrams here show how the three-way valves are balanced and how AutoFlow saves energy…
Manual balancing requires the following steps:
- A differential pressure gauge is placed on the manual balance valve.
- The three-way ATC valve is driven to the full open position with all the flow through the coil.
- The manual balance valve is adjusted to achieve the “design flow” and the memory stop is locked in place. The D.P. gauge is left in place.
- The ATC valve is driven to the full by-pass position.
- The ball valve in the by-pass is adjusted to achieve design flow through the by-pass and the memory stop on the ball valve is locked in place.
Manual Balance Three-way Coil
Time-tested, innovative solutions deliver leak-proofed guaranteed performance for commercial, industrial and residential applications.
Flow Design is ISO 9001 Certified, is an active ASHRAE member, and is a leader in testing laboratory ratings.
© Copyright 2006, Flow Design, Inc.